26/07/2011

Garnier Essentials Tonique

Well, this is not an essential item in your skin care routine, because it doesn't add much as a skin care product, it only makes you feel fresh, smells good, and may have some active ingredients that might work, but not make a huge difference. If you have a sensible skin type you don't want to build up much to your face.
So I wanted to try this product as it says it has pro-vitamin B5, which is panthenol that in contact with the skin and absorbed, transforms in pantothenic acid. This component helps lock in the moisture in the skin, retaining water, resulting in a much softer and elastic skin. So no harm in that, only making your skin look good and healthy, I would say.
After I applied the product to my face, having an oily skin type, I actually noticed that the smell was quite refreshing, and not overpowering, very pleasant, and the effect on the skin, was actually a bit moisturizing. Not very much so, because it will not do as much as a lotion, but enough. It also helps remove the dirt out of your pores, which is something good, after a day in the city.
The only thing I didn’t like was the fact that, this actually leaves my skin oily quicker, but not that much, so I started to apply it only at night. So I would say this is a product more suitable for dry to normal skin, and a good one. Not excellent, but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment