12/07/2011

Garnier Ambre Solaire Natural Bronzer


After I tried the Garnier Body Summer lotion, I guessed that this one might be good too, and quicker. I don’t really have the patience to apply a gradual self-tanner until it reaches a nice dark color, at least a noticeable one. By summer I want a tan, more than a “glow”, as people call it, so I bought this one, for something like 10€, I’m not sure.

It is a face and body lotion, and has a nice smell, kind of like the gradual tanner from Garnier. It’s a sweet smell, but not so overpowering, and covers up the smell of DHA (the self-tanning agent). On the bottle you can read that this product will give you a nice, natural looking tan, and that it has a guide color to help you see where you’ve applied. Well, when I read that I didn’t knew how was I suppose to feel, because a guide color maybe welcome sometimes, but I wasn’t expecting it form that product. But turns out that the so claimed guide color, was a slight shade of orange/brownish, very pale that you couldn’t even see on your skin. Guide color can sometimes ruin your clothes, but be very useful, to avoid the streak look, but in this case, I don’t even know why they even bring up that subject.
So I apply the lotion at night, because I don’t like the smell of this lotions, and I hope to wake up a shade darker, and I did. The color is very natural, kind of a brown, but with a warm hue, If you push it, you can get a bit orange, but nothing very serious, only after 3 or 4 coats. I don’t usually go beyond the second coat in 4 or 5 days, so it turns out nice.
As it is a lotion, it leaves your skin very moisturized and soft, and helping your tan, to last for like 5 days. On your face is also very good, not causing pimples and developing a nice color too. On this body part, though, the tan lasts less time, because I exfoliate quite often, and the face creams with chemical peeling agents also shortens your face tan, so I apply the Garnier Natural Bronzer, to my face at day time, mixed with my daily moisturizer and apply it.

Overall is a good product for men, because it will give you a natural color, and leaves your skin very smooth. As for the body hair part, I don’t find no problem at all, you just need to spread it well with your finger, and don’t forget to exfoliate those areas, because they can build up after some applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment